Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 September 2012

Bring Me Sunshine with Your Song

Thanks for reading, and if you want to know more about the stuff I've played, check out my other posts, or follow me @MPounceMusic on Twitter.

Every Friday, www.MPounce.co.uk will have 2 new Piano videos for you to enjoy!


Hi readers,
This blog will have updates on my site, what I've been up to on the piano, and the general ramblings of a musician. Therefore, this blog is as important to read to as a telegram from New Zealand which reads:

--------------------------------------------- "HELP!!!" ----------------------------------------

The mystifying fact is the second line of the telegram:

----------------------------------------- Yours, The llama :) ----------------------------------------

Granted this llama was not a musician, but he was in great danger, judging by the extremities of the telegram. Why are they on a level par, I hear you ask. Well for one thing, I am not in great impending danger, but I AM a musician, which results in the same thing, a lot of work. 

Now when I say a lot of work there are two things you must understand. One, simply being a musician does not guarantee you work, but simply opens up many area to work IN, i.e. teaching, Gigs, teaching, Shows, teaching, Orchestras, teaching, comedians and teaching. Secondly, the llama would almost certainly get a job as an actor due to his obvious and seemingly miraculous ability to write. 

Now, Humorous asides aside, recently I have been working on the area of background piano music, and during my time at Barnsley College I learnt piano versions of music that most people would know. These pieces would be performed over the lunch break every day for the duration of my time at Barnsley College. Now I have moved on from this and now these pieces will be recorded (some already have been) and put onto YouTube for whoever wants to listen to something on the piano whilst they work, read, type or play. 

So one of my favourite tracks to play is the piano version of "Pirates of the Caribbean". This has been recorded, but not put on youtube, as I plan to make a very long version of this piece as it deserves to have this accolade. I first learnt the Pirates of the Caribbean theme when I first watched "The Curse of the Black Pearl"and instantly went to the piano to learn by ear. This is how I learn most of my music, but, when needed, I also make use of any piano scores I can get hold of, which always makes for a better performance as a result. Since then I have listened to many pieces, and done the same, which has left me with a large repertoire of pieces to perform, record an post onto YouTube.

So for the meat of the sandwich, the links for said Piano tracks, my first two pieces to be posted online. 

"Your Song" - Elton John


This one I learnt at home having used this song as a recording project at sixth form. The chords are a great combination and this piece shows that, even without the lyrics, the song still stands on its own two legs, unlike the llama, who has four. 


"Bring Me Sunshine" - Morecambe and Wise



This comedy classic is well known among those who were old enough to watch Morecambe and Wise in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was also  recently used for a BBC trailer advertising the year ahead for the BBC. This track is the extended version, which is far longer than the version used in this trailer. 


When I decide the next tracks to post I will write on Twitter @mpouncemusic and the next post on this blog will go on air soon after the next tracks have been put onto youtube. If this website address is too difficult to remember, then my personal website MPounce.co.uk will get you there. 

Thanks for reading, and if you see a llama in jobseekers send me a tweet and I'll ring the local acting society, they could use some help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment