Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Yesterday, You'll be in my Heart.

Thanks for reading, and if you want to know more about the stuff I've played, check out my other posts, or follow me @MPounceMusic on Twitter.

Every Friday, www.MPounce.co.uk will have 2 new Piano videos for you to enjoy!


Disclaimer: This is not a love story. Fo all love stories, go here -> Love Stories 

(WALL-E counts as a love story?)

Thanks for reading, and if you want to know more about the stuff I've played, check out my other posts, or follow me @MPounceMusic on Twitter.

Every Friday, www.MPounce.co.uk will have 2 new Piano videos for you to enjoy!


Hi all,
I'm currently drinking some red bush tea, eating a biscuit and blogging. That sounds either sad or nerdy, not sure which. I'm also listening to the soundtrack of Sherlock: Series 2 (one of the best TV Soundtracks I've heard by the way.) That is not nerdy, its actually rather emotional. If you haven't seen the last episode GO SEE IT!!! Some of the most emotional music written for the small screen. This entry will present my next 2 videos "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan, and "Yesterday" by the Beatles. If there is anything you think would sound good on a piano, request it at @MPounceMusic on Twitter. Happy reading!


The music for Walt Disney's Tarzan is written by the drummer/musician Phil Collins. One of my favourite tracks, which speaks about the heart of the film. The film was released in 1999, and was one of the last Major hits of the Disney era before a slump in the early 2000's.

The background of this recording is the sound of the event it was recorded at. The Barnsley College Grand Opening Day  was held at the Old Mill Lane site in Barnsley, which is now the centre of operations for Barnsley College. The event was celebrating the opening of the new building on Old Mill Lane by holding many performing arts student work and exhibits of the work of the college.


This track was also recorded in the same event, but there was also more influences other than the usual "I heard it so I'll play it" influence. I played this track at a mission week event for the Huddersfield University Christian Union, on the piano. We performed in a band of Drums, Bass, Keys Lead and Rhythm Guitar, and Vocals. This also made this version have a more upbeat tone to what I'm used to at the start. The latter end of the piece was much more influenced by the original version I learnt, which was vastly more sad than the original version written by The Beatles.

Thanks for reading, and if you want to know more about the stuff I've played, check out my other posts, or follow me @MPounceMusic on Twitter.

Every Friday, www.MPounce.co.uk will have 2 new Piano videos for you to enjoy!

Happy Listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment